How important is accurate stitch estimations to you and your business?

More
1 week 6 days ago #1893 by brenden
How important is it to have a fairly accurate stitch estimation for customers artwork in your business?

Do you quote your digitizing on stitch count?
Do you quote your embroidery sewing on stitch count?
Do you or any of your team struggle to estimate the number of stitches in a cusomer's supplied artwork?

Thanks,
Brenden

Senior Product Manager - Wilcom
Sydney, Australia

Have you installed your latest Wilcom update? Click here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #1902 by Pascale R.
I'm not the best person to answer this.

I haven't gotten the knack for using the auto-digitizing/smart design tool to figure out how to get accurate stitch count (lack of user knowledge!).

In theory, my embroidery pricing is based on stitch count. However, I find it difficult to enforce since I often don't know how many stitches it will have when I am given an "imaginary design" -. "baby theme is forest animals, do what ever you like" or "make monogram as big as you can"

For digitizing logos:
I have a flat rate (inflated) & adjust cost after it is completed.
For complicated & detailed designs, I find it is more cost & time effective to ask Luiz Vitor to do them -thank you Luiz!

More
1 week 4 days ago #1909 by antony

brenden wrote: Do you quote your digitizing on stitch count?
Do you quote your embroidery sewing on stitch count?

No me.
For digitising, I charge by how complex the design is. However, I list flat rate (have room for discount) (similar to Pascale R.'s), reduce it when it is simple.

For stitching, I don't charge by stitch count. (I charge by overall size, and annoyance*.)

Pascale R. wrote: For complicated & detailed designs, I find it is more cost & time effective to ask Luiz Vitor to do them -thank you Luiz!

What!? I've had other digitisers passing complicated designs to me.

* annoyance means I can foresee a huge number of trims.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds