Auto Start & End Point ... what does that tell the embroidery machine?

More
2 weeks 3 days ago - 2 weeks 3 days ago #576 by Pascale R.
HI Everyone! I have a question about the auto start & end points and how it works with my Happy HCD2 1501 machine, I'm not sure if this is a Wilcom or Happy question, so I will post this on the Happy site too.

If I set the auto start & end points in Wilcom to the same spot (bottom corner). On machine, I position the hoop so the number one needle is above the start/end point (see blue dot). That's where the trace starts & ends.

When the design is finished, the machine doesn't return the number one needle to the start & end point (as specified by Wilcom; or at least, I think that's what the Auto Start & End means in Wilcom).

I attached pictures, which hopefully will make better sense.

Thanks!
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by Pascale R.. Reason: reworded sentence

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
3D puff embroidery2.85Thursday, 22 November 2018
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #578 by antony
If my understanding is correct, Auto Start & End works with machines that do not auto-centre designs.

Assuming your machine works with assigned start and end points, (in your second attachment), is the last stitch using number one needle?
(I would assume it returns to the point with whichever needle was used last.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascale R.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #581 by Pascale R.
Hi Antony,

Ah ha! I looked at this again and figured out what the machine did by watching both the screen on machine & the hoop movement. It's all good! Final result: machine returned to the start/end point and aligned needle #3 (which was the first needle used in design) to the start/end point. I thought it was supposed line up again with needle 1 (since that is the needle used to do the initial trace & alignment). I'm glad I figured this out!

I was never able to use Wilcom's Auto Start & End with my Babylock EMP6 because it automatically auto centered. I love using the Auto Start & End feature with the Happy!

More
1 week 3 days ago #600 by Sam
Hi Pascale,

As far as I know, Barudan machine format can set "Return to Start" for the needle in its machine format setting. With that feature, after stitching finished, machine will return to the starting needle automatically.

Thanks,
Sam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascale R.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds