Wish - View summary comments before opening design in Wilcom

More
1 year 11 months ago #466 by Pascale R.
It would be nice to be able to see the Summary Comments in the preview box before opening the design.

In this example, I was trying to see if I had made a comment of how the design had been edited, to see which version I needed to open. In this case, I had made a comment, but it wasn't available for viewing in the preview section. Had I been able to see the comment before opening, I would have known which size file to open in my other software.

Obviously not a biggie, just maybe a little time saver :)

thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #467 by antony
Good idea, and make it more customisable please, allowing users to decide what he or she wants to see.

Overall, I think the Design Library should be more following Adobe Bridge style...
separate (standalone) app, which means users can browse the designs independently without launching Wilcom Embroidery Studio. Of course, double clicking the file to launch in Embroidery Studio. (Reasons: it takes a while to launch Embroidery Studio, and there are times there's no need to actually launch Embroidery Studio for example, just want to locate the file.)
customisable interface. In Bridge, it comes with a few layouts (workspace), I think Design Library should have similar approach, allowing users more freedom to adjust for their needs.

More
1 year 11 months ago #478 by brenden
HI Pascale,

It actually should display it as you indicated. Does it not work for all your designs?

Any chance you can attach one of the designs which is not working so we can take a look at it?

Cheers,
Brenden

Chief Product Officer - Wilcom
Sydney, Australia

Have you installed your latest Wilcom update? Click here.

More
1 year 11 months ago #479 by Mark
There are a couple of ways you can do this in the Open dialog.

1. Under the Organize drop list in the top left hand corner, select Layout and click Detail pane.

This shows a panel at the bottom of the open dialog that shows the comment field. See the OpenDialog.png attached

2. Use Design Library to preview all your designs and show the Design Information docker

You can actually enter comments for EMB files using the Design Information docker in Design Library without even opening the EMB file. See the DesignLibraryDesignInformation.png attached

For a variation on 1 above, you can also right click on the column headers in the open dialog and add the Comments field as a column
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: brenden

More
1 year 11 months ago #482 by Pascale R.
Thank you Mark & Brenden. I was able to follow Mark's suggestions to change the view, but I'm still not seeing the same as Mark's screenshot (scenario 1). It's probably in another settings that I'm not aware of. I have attached a design that has comments, for your review.

Mark's Scenario 1:
I wasn't aware I could add additional details as columns. Thanks for that tip.
In Mark's screen shot, there is a large info box on the bottom of the page. I don't have that box.
Since I added the comments section detail, I see this:

Additional thoughts:
1. using this scenario, the comments are not fully visible. My comments are typically quite long and would not be fully seen in the detail column. In your screenshot, how large is your comment field at the bottom of the page (ie. the box I don't have in my window)?

2. Opening files using the detail view negates having the thumbnails of the designs. Sometimes, having the thumbnails makes it easier to find the design (and it would be nice to have the comments section visible in the right preview column).

Scenario 2, using the Design Library
I avoid the Design Library - it simply takes too long to load.
The comments sections are visible and it is super nice to be able to add comments to the emb files, but the wait time to open DL and the folders makes it non-usable for me.
To illustrate, using Design Library, it took 3 full minutes to navigate to the attached file and have it open in Wilcom.
It only took seconds when I used the File > "open" drop down menu.
Attachments:

More
1 year 11 months ago #483 by Pascale R.
Another illustration why I do not use Design Library (using the non-thumbnail view to see if that would speed things up):
Attachments:

Time to create page: 7.575 seconds