Shorten pull down choices of file extension when opening file

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #997 by Pascale R.
I would love to be able to hide all the file extensions that I don't have/use Typically, I only use EMB, DST and PES so going through this list when I open a DST file is tedious.

I would love to be able to either
1. Add most commonly used formats to top of list
2. Hide unused formats
3. I just discovered that I can type "T" inside the list to get to Tajima (.TBF), which is right above the (.DST) format that I need. That at least helps the process :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
feature request: Favourite file formats5.96Tuesday, 04 September 2018
Another Import/Open non-emb file question - why the jaggy edges?5.9Thursday, 13 September 2018
Wish: Change default setting in the "Adjust column width" (Pull comp tab)4.18Thursday, 11 October 2018
Wish - View summary comments before opening design in Wilcom3.89Thursday, 01 November 2018
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #1000 by antony
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascale R.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #1023 by delfius
There's a much easier way to open DST file (or PES) - select "All Embroidery Files" (3rd from the top) and open any EMB, DST, or PES file without needing to find the specific file types in that gigantic list. :)

Or, if I'm looking for a file of a specific extension, say PES, I'll just type *.PES into the "Filename:" text field, and ES will automatically select the corresponding file type.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brenden, Petar

More
2 months 1 week ago #1032 by Pascale R.

delfius wrote: There's a much easier way to open DST file (or PES) - select "All Embroidery Files" (3rd from the top) and open any EMB, DST, or PES file without needing to find the specific file types in that gigantic list.:)

I feel rather silly - Such a simple thing to do, yet I managed to have overlooked this!

deflfius wrote: Or, if I'm looking for a file of a specific extension, say PES, I'll just type *.PES into the "Filename:" text field, and ES will automatically select the corresponding file type.

That is a neat technique! Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: brenden

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds