WISH - Capture Image Bitmap: Separate box for Background & Fabric

More
6 months 1 week ago #1607 by Pascale R.
I can't remember if this has been mentioned before.

When Capturing Image Bitmap, would it be possible to have separate boxes for the background and the fabric, like so:

Reason:
I find that I send a lot of proofs to customers via texting (or to Etsy etc), and a simple image capture is sufficient (and quick).

If my workspace is grey (which it usually is) and the design includes a fabric background for a manually digitized applique, I have to change the background color to white before going to the capture image. If I don't, the image I send to the customer will also include the grey background (which doesn't seem 'clean', especially when the design will be sewn on a white project).
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
Wish: capture design with fabric background, but not regular background15.39Sunday, 14 October 2018
Crop Bitmap4.61Friday, 07 September 2018
Save Bitmap and Print PDF4.56Saturday, 08 September 2018
Background color of the Color-object List Box4.02Sunday, 21 October 2018
More
More
6 months 1 week ago #1614 by Pascale R.

antony wrote: community.wilcom.com/embroiderystudio-id...gular-background#428

Yes, I remember now. Thank you Antony. And that was an even more complicated example!

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #1677 by Pascale R.
Well, I've run into the same issue as the one in the link mentioned by Antony , and thought I'd check in to see what the Wilcom folks have determined about this. Please, Please, Please try to find a way to separate the background from the fabric. Pretty Please!!!

Here's my example :

I'd like to incorporate this PNG file from Wilcom onto this picture. Since I wanted the applique fabric included in the PNG, it also grabs the background. (Antony ... I haven't tried your work-around yet; and with the swirls, I think it's going to give me a headache)
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Pascale R.. Reason: Add the "Please please please ... " request :)

More
6 months 1 week ago #1678 by antony
Can you post the image files, I want to see if I can adjust it quick.

More
6 months 1 week ago #1680 by Pascale R.
Sure Antony .. Here are my 2 PNG files
Attachments:

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #1682 by antony
So you want the appliqué but not the background (product/garment or background colour) from e4.1's Bitmap output,

It's quite simple in Photoshop:
Use Magic Wand, and select all white areas.

(You might want to make sure using Add to Selection, so you can have multiple white part selected.
You than get something like this:

Either delete the white part (hit Delete key) OR use Inverse Select ( ⇧⌘ I , shift + cmd + I), and copy to the background/product image.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by antony.

More
6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #1685 by Pascale R.
Thanks Antony for tutorial ..You make it look so easy - I will give this a try tomorrow ;)
Last edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Pascale R..

More
6 months 1 week ago #1695 by Pascale R.
Hey Antony .... I followed your suggestion & finally accomplished the task in Photoshop Elements.

I found it a bit difficult to get around the little dots on the one monogram (still not perfect!), and the swirl running stitches on other monogram are rather hard to make out, but it will have to do for now.

I attached my final results.

Thanks again for your help!
Attachments:

More
6 months 1 week ago #1696 by antony
Once you get used to those steps, there are tips on making selecting (unwanted background).

You can play with tolerance level, and even turn off Contiguous (continuous)...
Another common trick is to change the background (on Wilcom) to some weird (high contrast, or colour not used in your design) to your design. So the selection by Magic Wand will be very efficient.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascale R.

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds