Colorway Editor: Which thread color corresponds with the 1-50+ color chip

More
1 year 6 months ago #1880 by Pascale R.
This image isn't the best example for this question, but I hope it makes sense:

When one adds the thread brand code in the colorway editor, you lose the number sequencing that you see in the color tool bar (1-50 .....).
Is there a way, when looking at the colors in the colorway editor to know what color number chip it corresponds to in the color tool bar?

For example, when looking at the colorway, say you scroll to the #2049 orange color, is there a way to identify it as the chip #6 in the tool bar?

If you have a design with many similar colors (say, an animal), it would be hard to identify the color seen in the colorway editor & its corresponding number in the color bar.

Does that make sense? I guess, what I'm saying is that I'd like to see the number that it corresponds to, somthing like this:

ALSO, as a side: the SINGLE click in the "Threads" area messes me up EVERY SINGLE time. I inadvertently click on it and it changes the colorway --- AHHHHH !!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
Why does the object 'chip' expand when I change color in Color-Object List?12.51Monday, 10 September 2018
Colorway Editor, have colorway working on appear without scrolling11.1Sunday, 10 March 2019
Change VECTOR color per colorway10.78Saturday, 06 July 2019
Background color of the Color-object List Box8.94Sunday, 21 October 2018
Color Match6.33Sunday, 09 September 2018
2 COLOR 3D ALPHABET6.33Sunday, 09 September 2018
color pallete6.33Wednesday, 15 May 2019
Add trim locations to Color Object List.6.13Saturday, 11 May 2019
Wish: Highlight Object (Color-Object List) & corresponding stitch (Stitchlist)5.43Wednesday, 12 September 2018
Add/Remove Colours from Colourway Editor?5.26Tuesday, 05 March 2019
More
1 year 6 months ago #1881 by antony

Pascale R. wrote: This image isn't the best example for this question, but I hope it makes sense:

When one adds the thread brand code in the colorway editor, you lose the number sequencing that you see in the color tool bar (1-50 .....).
Is there a way, when looking at the colors in the colorway editor to know what color number chip it corresponds to in the color tool bar?

I would suggest Wilcom to make first column should be locked (not get scrolled away)
The current workaround I can think off is to move the working colourway towards left, so you can see the first column (with chip number).

Pascale R. wrote: Does that make sense?

yes.

Pascale R. wrote:

ALSO, as a side: the SINGLE click in the "Threads" area messes me up EVERY SINGLE time. I inadvertently click on it and it changes the colorway --- AHHHHH !!

Completely agree. And I keep single click on it my mistake.
I pointed this out a while back in another thread. I believe they would like to save a (technically unnecessary) button, but I'd prefer to have the Assign Thread button back.
You do not have permissions to access this page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascale R.

More
1 year 6 months ago #1887 by Pascale R.

antony wrote: Completely agree. And I keep single click on it my mistake.
I pointed this out a while back in another thread. I believe they would like to save a (technically unnecessary) button, but I'd prefer to have the Assign Thread button back.

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Yes, I remember you mentioning this. I'd like the Assign Thread button back, as well!
I spend a lot of time going back to fix the changes caused by single clicking. It just seems natural, or a habit to click on the chip. I don't know why that is exactly, but I do it every time - super dumb user error!

More
1 year 6 months ago #1890 by Hong
Hi Pascale and Antony,

'Assign Color' is related to: community.wilcom.com/e42-eap-reports/399...n-thread-button#1104 , for which an issue had already been raised.

I will raise another issue to lock the 'Color #' column so it is always shown in the Colorway Editor docker.

Thanks,
Hong
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascale R.

Time to create page: 12.078 seconds