PRINT OPTION

More
1 month 1 week ago #2229 by vitordigitizing
PRINT OPTION was created by vitordigitizing
Sometimes we need make print to fit. Problem is we need open options to make it and also
the next printed files will look very big on the page because the To Fit option is on
Maybe on a future update the option TO FIT can show on top and also, the print back to 1:1 zoom automatic? Since 90% of files are small the option to FIT is less used.
Just a suggestion

Always Learning.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascale R.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
Add HIDDEN option to the Print Preview Customization Options7.28Monday, 11 February 2019
Save Bitmap and Print PDF3.86Saturday, 08 September 2018
suggestion: a new Pick Worksheet (print)3.82Friday, 09 November 2018
Print Preview Screen - why is zoom tab not always available?3.82Monday, 11 February 2019
Invoice Option3.71Friday, 07 September 2018
New Underlay option for Tatami3.66Monday, 13 May 2019
Allow users to print Comments and Order Notes on approval/production sheet3.66Wednesday, 17 October 2018
Feature Request: Zoom Option3.62Tuesday, 04 September 2018
Wish: Size in Place option when the selection has multiple objects3.55Tuesday, 23 April 2019
More
1 month 1 week ago #2230 by antony
Replied by antony on topic PRINT OPTION
Good point.

Hope my understanding is correct.
If the design is larger than the available printable area, reduce to fit into the space available.
If the design is small, stay at 1:1 (do not enlarge).
So, it's sort of up to actual size.

More
1 month 1 week ago #2231 by vitordigitizing
Replied by vitordigitizing on topic PRINT OPTION
Usually, we forgot to put print option in 1:1 after a change to fit so if it automatic back to default is great, and the FIT option available on the first page of print preview save us time to open options

Always Learning.

More
1 month 1 week ago #2232 by antony
Good option, I like it.

I was thinking different approach, add another option...
1:1 or Reduce to fit.
(which means only reducing if needed, but not enlarging.)

More
1 month 3 days ago #2245 by Pascale R.
Replied by Pascale R. on topic PRINT OPTION
I think Vitor is asking for an automatic return to 1:1 after changing the print zoom value.

Most of the time, our designs are smaller than a page so the 1:1 value is perfect.

I use 1:1 all the time to show customers size relationship on actual project - I'm old school - I print, cut with scissors and plop the cutout on the actual item. Then, I put actual thread spool next to all and take a picture to send to customer. It's tedious, but they like it. Because of this, I ALWAYS go to the zoom tab to confirm that it is set to 1:1.
Case in point: yesterday I had a customer ask for a "Big" monogram on bag. I did above steps, but when she saw my cutout, she wanted it much bigger. Her "Big" and my "Big" didn't mean the same :side:

I wouldn't want it to reduce to fit, as it might not be 1:1 ... or am I misinterpreting how that would work ??

More
1 month 3 days ago #2246 by antony

Pascale R. wrote: I use 1:1 all the time to show customers size relationship on actual project - I'm old school - I print, cut with scissors and plop the cutout on the actual item. Then, I put actual thread spool next to all and take a picture to send to customer. It's tedious, but they like it.

Thank you for sharing. I actually like this 'tedious' method.

My ides of "reduce to fit" applies when the design is larger than the printable area, since I usually just print Production Workshop in A4 portrait with Info box (thread info) on. So the actual available width for the design isn't that much.
When the design does not fit into the area above, I would like to software to reduce to fit.
Of course, if the design is small enough to fit into design area, use 1:1.

More
4 weeks 12 hours ago - 4 weeks 12 hours ago #2258 by Pascale R.
Replied by Pascale R. on topic PRINT OPTION

antony wrote: []

My ides of "reduce to fit" applies when the design is larger than the printable area, since I usually just print Production Workshop in A4 portrait with Info box (thread info) on. So the actual available width for the design isn't that much.
When the design does not fit into the area above, I would like to software to reduce to fit.
Of course, if the design is small enough to fit into design area, use 1:1.

I see how that would certainly be a time saver!
Last edit: 4 weeks 12 hours ago by Pascale R..

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #2300 by Petar
Replied by Petar on topic PRINT OPTION
Has been reported in CAD-7014 for reference.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascale R.

Time to create page: 0.566 seconds