Request for Multi Hooping in ES.

More
2 years 2 days ago #2340 by sign.ur.stuff@gmail.com
K, so I have googled and searched here and scoured the user manual and no joy.

Does e4 have a multi hooping feature? Where it will add registration marks so I am able to make a bigger project than any of my current hoops.

Wilcom Hatch has a multi hoop feature. How about e4?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
Feature Request: Zoom Option4.59Tuesday, 04 September 2018
feature request: Favourite file formats4.54Tuesday, 04 September 2018
New Stitch request (super thick triple-like run)4.54Friday, 21 September 2018
request: Folder or Compacting Groups in Colour-Object List4.44Thursday, 21 February 2019
request: Sequence By Number (context menu) in main design area4.39Thursday, 21 February 2019
More
2 years 1 day ago #2344 by Petar
EmbroideryStudio e4 does not have multi-hooping features.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sign.ur.stuff@gmail.com

More
2 years 18 hours ago #2346 by antony

Petar wrote: EmbroideryStudio e4 does not have multi-hooping features.

We know, but I have a feeling that most of us EmbroideryStudio users want at least all available features on Hatch, not less.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascale R., sign.ur.stuff@gmail.com

More
2 years 11 hours ago #2347 by Petar
Home users use multi-hooping as most home machines don't have large hoops, so it's a way to stitch larger designs.

However commercial embroidery machines usually have much larger hoops, so it's not really an issue and multi hooping a large commercial hoop would be a nightmare.

To be honest you would only use multi-hooping. If the design was bigger than the largest hoop your machine can handle.

Not sure of the user case someone would need in a commercial sense. If you can provide one I'll raise the issue.

More
2 years 8 hours ago #2348 by sign.ur.stuff@gmail.com

More
2 years 8 hours ago #2349 by sign.ur.stuff@gmail.com

Petar wrote: Home users use multi-hooping as most home machines don't have large hoops, so it's a way to stitch larger designs.

However commercial embroidery machines usually have much larger hoops, so it's not really an issue and multi hooping a large commercial hoop would be a nightmare.

To be honest you would only use multi-hooping. If the design was bigger than the largest hoop your machine can handle.

Not sure of the user case someone would need in a commercial sense. If you can provide one I'll raise the issue.

I only have two commercial 15 needle machines but I'm finding a need for bigger hoops. The biggest hoop I have is 14"X20" (fits my Avance). But I have two designs I want to do that are bigger. One is 12"X24" the other is 14"X20". I just downloaded Hatch yesterday so I can do these two with multi-hooping.

The alternative is to buy a 14"X48" pantograph to fit my Avance. At a cost of $3200. Since Hatch is only $899 ima go with that for now.

The downside to using Hatch is I can't open anything I've done in e4. So if I want a bigger design I have to create it in Hatch. Not sure how all this'll work out in the long run but that's the best I can do for now.

If you guys are thinking about adding the multi-hoop option to e4, and it doesn't cost more than my car, I'm down for that.

Thanks!

More
2 years 8 hours ago #2350 by Petar
An issue has been raised in CAD-12398.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascale R.

More
2 years 4 hours ago #2351 by antony

Petar wrote: Not sure of the user case someone would need in a commercial sense. If you can provide one I'll raise the issue.

One situation would be some EmbroideryStudio e4 users do freelancing digitising for home/domestic/hobbyist customers, and it would be nice to cater this perhaps unintended use.

More
1 year 11 months ago #2352 by sign.ur.stuff@gmail.com
This is a perfect example Antony. I like to digitize for baseballs. Lots of home embroiderers do baseballs. It would be nice to digitize for an entire baseball and let home embroiders do multi hooping on their end.

Another use would be digitizing for quilts and large play mats. But wait, I think of some more reasons.

Thanks!!

Heather

More
1 year 11 months ago #2370 by govender.vimla
I do believe that there is definitely a need for multi-hooping in Wilcom. I am a digitiser and a quilter. The designs I make are too large and often I wished that Wilcom had the multihooping function too. I am currently looking at buying other software just for the multi hooping function. I think that wilcom needs to step up to the mark and provide this function if you do not want to lose your cutomers. If you had this function I would 150percent purchase it. I know that other software have this and I truly don't know why wilcom doesn't have it and we truly paid a packet for this software too!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sign.ur.stuff@gmail.com

Time to create page: 0.376 seconds