Quickly see HIDDEN objects

More
1 year 10 months ago #2475 by Pascale R.
Is it already possible to quickly view (toggle on /off) hidden objects?

So, I have the word 'soccer' in different fonts. I have them hidden, but would like to quickly see on followed by the other.

How do you do that?

I was thinking it would be neat if we could click on the hidden object (in the color-object list) for it to appear (temporarily). When you click on next hidden object, the previously exposed object would hide again, and new hidden object would appear. To go back to hiding all the hidden objects, hit escape key.

What do you think?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: serrot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #2484 by antony
Replied by antony on topic Quickly see HIDDEN objects
Good idea.

Except, I think hidden ones should not be stitched (generated) on machine files. It should behave like layers in Photoshop.

More
1 year 10 months ago #2490 by Pascale R.

antony wrote: Good idea.

Except, I think hidden ones should not be stitched (generated) on machine files. It should behave like layers in Photoshop.

I have had to be careful with this also (ie. make sure I delete my hidden files before stitching AND then hitting UNDO so they reappear in design).

This could be a tricky thing to request, UNLESS on output, there is a box that says "DO NOT sew hidden objects" (with default being sew hidden). This would avoid potentially sewing design and having parts missing (ie. when I'm digitizing I need to hide something and later forget it is hidden). Yes, I like this idea!

More
1 year 10 months ago #2497 by antony
Replied by antony on topic Quickly see HIDDEN objects

Pascale R. wrote: This could be a tricky thing to request, UNLESS on output, there is a box that says "DO NOT sew hidden objects" (with default being sew hidden). This would avoid potentially sewing design and having parts missing (ie. when I'm digitizing I need to hide something and later forget it is hidden). Yes, I like this idea!

It can be tricky.
I think one of the issues is Closest Join. If hidden objects are not stitched out, the calculation for Closest Join needs to be re-done.

I like your approach. Based on your suggestion, I would like to suggest...
(condition) if there are hidden objects with stitches,
During export, a warning dialogue like...
"There are objects with stitches not shown on edit window, would you like to review, export without those objects or export with those objects?"

(And if the condition does not meet, please do not show warning dialogue.)

More
1 year 10 months ago #2507 by Pascale R.

antony wrote: It can be tricky.
I think one of the issues is Closest Join. If hidden objects are not stitched out, the calculation for Closest Join needs to be re-done.

I like your approach. Based on your suggestion, I would like to suggest...
(condition) if there are hidden objects with stitches,
During export, a warning dialogue like...
"There are objects with stitches not shown on edit window, would you like to review, export without those objects or export with those objects?"

(And if the condition does not meet, please do not show warning dialogue.)

Eeek ... I hadn't considered what would happen when closest join is applied. Sounds complicated from a programming level.
I like your suggestion for the export warning dialogue!

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds