List of Colours scrolls when change colour

More
2 months 1 week ago #1912 by antony
Probably not really a bug, however, this can be annoy.

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please refer to attached video.
I was trying to change the thread value of #21 (1077) to (1095).
Once I applied the new value (1095) (single click on the 1095 in Threads pane), the list of colour chips of Colourway shifts.
Can Wilcom please make it not moving?

Also, can we have thicker, easier to distinguish border on the list of chips? (Similar to the colour chips in Colour toolbar). The outline is pretty thin, and hard to notice it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
colour preserving issue from PDF/EPS?3.92Wednesday, 15 May 2019
image dissapear after change size3.77Monday, 15 April 2019
unable to change stitch angle (Reshape)3.72Wednesday, 08 May 2019
e42f- Editing connectors causes tackdown object to change from zig to E-stitch3.64Wednesday, 20 March 2019
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1950 by brenden
Hi Antony,

The behavior, from what I've observed, tries to keep at least two colors showing at the bottom of the list so as you type in a code, and press enter to apply that code, it jumps down to the next thread automatically.

Try this:

Open a design with lots of colors, and open the Colorway editor. Select the first color, then just click your mouse in the 'Code or name' field. Now just press enter. It will assign the closest matching thread color and then jump automatically down to the next color. Keep pressing enter so it assigns the closest thread to each color, and as it reaches near the bottom, it will start t auto scroll to show at least two colors at the bottom. I think this is what you're observing.

This is by design to allow the digitizer to see at least the next two colors after the one they are currently recloring.

Senior Product Manager - Wilcom
Sydney, Australia

Have you installed your latest Wilcom update? Click here.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1963 by antony
Brenden,

Okay, but do we need this?

I don't continue change chips' colours by the colour order of the said Colourway. I change when I see need, and usually either just one, or jump in random order. Hence, the unwanted scrolling/shifting is annoying.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1964 by brenden
I understand. From user observations, many digitisers use the default colours while digitising as they like the contrast, then recolour at the end. So the auto jump to the next colour saves them clicking with the mouse on each colour.

This is especially true for designs with multiple colorways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Product Manager - Wilcom
Sydney, Australia

Have you installed your latest Wilcom update? Click here.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1972 by antony

brenden wrote: (...). So the auto jump to the next colour saves them clicking with the mouse on each colour.

The question is... do they change the values of colour chips by the sequence (of default colourway)? OR are they being trained to do so because of this behaviour?

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds