WiFi USBStick does not support & (ampersand) character

More
2 months 1 week ago #2142 by antony
Just noticed if the output file contains ampersand (&) character (and exported to shared folder), the WiFi USBStick won't work.
If a file contains & in filename, it will not show any file on embroidery machine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #2180 by Petar
Try to avoid using special characters or accented characters.
I only use normal characters (a-z and numbers)

More
1 month 1 week ago #2295 by Figura vezenje
If I understand correctly if name has Žiga (ŽČŠ is very common letter in my language) wi-fi stick won't work?

if this is true I like Wilcom less and less and Pulse has one more point for purchase. First Wilcom won't co-operate with Tajima on full connection to new TMAR machines, now this... I wonder If I upgrade from e3 to latest and put some serious money on table (more than 1600 EUR) what nasty surprise I can expect :(

Martin Žohar

More
1 month 1 week ago #2314 by antony

Figura vezenje wrote: First Wilcom won't co-operate with Tajima on full connection to new TMAR machines, now this...

From my understanding, Tajima decided to block direct link from Wilcom software. (I don't know the exact story, but I would suspect it was due to some commercial agreements.)
I am pretty sure machine file generated by Wilcom can be read by Tajima machines.

More
1 month 1 week ago #2315 by Figura vezenje
Dear Antony
obviously you didn't see new tajima machine and it's capability (different height of presser foor, electronicly managed, etc) or you don't see all the benefits. Then you should know that Wilcom if they want to get access to machine, they should implement this funcionality in Wilcom. I hear one of the versions why they block and the main reason was not to include all the features of machine to Wilcom. In Pulse you can set up all the settings for machine, so operator only make scan of barcode in Production Worksheet and design is loaded to machine with all the colors, presserfoot, speed and other settings for specific design. You can also track all jobs done in machine, you can monitor machines over the internet, etc. Statistic are very importan information for pricing, planning production...
When we change our old software for Wilcom our dealer in my country doesen't have the clue that Wilcom and Tajima are incompatibile with new TMAR machine and this is what makes me so angry at both sides. Also Tajima close assess to local network and alowed only access to Pulse software. All other brands is having standard access to local network (Windows based). If I kenw that before, my choises will be different.
The problem is that we change each day avarage 6-7 different designs and barcode function is very useful, it eliminate mistakes (different versions for different materials) and speed up preparation for production.

Yes they have Wi-fi stick, but it has limit of aprox. 600 designs, we have over 4500 designs, some designs are frequently use, some are not and I'm the only pearson in work shop that can work with Wilcom. Problem is that always somebody should open design in Wilcom and send it to stick.

And now we have situation on embroidery market that best selling machine is incompatible with best selling software. Is totally nonsense! This way they will loose customers! 100%
They should work it out, not to exclude each other. Wilcom team should be more cooperative and adjust their software to machine needs

best regards,
Martin

Martin Žohar

More
1 month 1 week ago #2316 by antony

Figura vezenje wrote: If I understand correctly if name has Žiga (ŽČŠ is very common letter in my language) wi-fi stick won't work?

Just tested for you.
And you will probably be happy to know that Ž, Č, and Š actually work with WiFi USBStick. See the photo of the control panel.

The WiFi USBStick is meant to be a convenience way to replace constantly inserting and removing USB sticks from machine to computer and back to machine. It is not meant to provide control of the machine.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Figura vezenje

More
1 month 1 week ago #2317 by Figura vezenje
Thank you for your time and testing. One problem less to worry if i'll upgrade.

Upgrades are everywhere stressful :)

Martin Žohar

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds