e4.1J - ESA Alphabet name is not remembered when using Letter Creator

More
2 weeks 21 hours ago #2501 by Pascale R.
I am using e4.2J and am having an issue with the name of alphabet not being remembered when I save consecutive letters to the ESA font.

I have done 6 letters consecutively, and each time, I have to pull down the alphabet name menu to select the alphabet to save the letter to.

This was a problem in one of the previous 4.2 Beta versions, and I'm seeing this happen again in e4.2J. This slows the process down considerably.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
Exception Errors with Alphabet Creator9.01Thursday, 07 March 2019
Getting Exception Access Violation when saving letter to old ESA file4.09Friday, 29 March 2019
e4.2F ---- CANNOT find ESA file in the Create Letter OR Manage Alphabets4.09Tuesday, 12 March 2019
More
1 week 6 days ago - 1 week 6 days ago #2502 by Karla
Hi Pascale,

Thank you for the report.

Just to confirm, is the created Alphabet name available in the drop down list? I'm making sure it is not a bug in your end but an improvement?

I will raise your request in our system. This is a good productivity enhancement esp. when making a lot of new letters consecutively.

Kind regard,
Karla
Last edit: 1 week 6 days ago by Karla.

More
1 week 5 days ago #2505 by Pascale R.

Karla wrote: Hi Pascale,

Thank you for the report.

Just to confirm, is the created Alphabet name available in the drop down list? I'm making sure it is not a bug in your end but an improvement?

I will raise your request in our system. This is a good productivity enhancement esp. when making a lot of new letters consecutively.

Kind regard,
Karla

Hi Karla,
I really think this is a bug (rather than an improvement).
It didn't behave this way in the versions prior to e4.2.
I used to be able to add letters consecutively, without having to use the pull down menu (ie. the last alphabet was always listed.) Now , it shows up blank and I have to use the arrow to find the alphabet.

More
1 week 1 day ago #2520 by Karla
Hi Pascale,

Apologies for getting back to you this late. I will test my existing snaps and old e4 programs installed to verify the previous behavior. Do you happen to know the exact old version of e4.2 that has the correct behavior? If I can confirm, will have to test this Monday I will just change the ticket I raised from 'improvement' to 'defect'.

Thanks,
Karla

More
1 week 1 day ago #2523 by Pascale R.

Karla wrote: Hi Pascale,

Do you happen to know the exact old version of e4.2 that has the correct behavior? If I can confirm, will have to test this Monday I will just change the ticket I raised from 'improvement' to 'defect'.

Thanks,
Karla

No problem Karla ...
I'm not sure which older version had correct behavior.
Maybe check the version immediately before 4.2J (???)

I looked back through my Beta notes & found an entry about creating As Digitized esa in 4.1D (yes, this isn't typo - 4.1D). I didn't mention problem w/pull down menu behavior, so maybe try that version?

More
5 days 2 hours ago #2544 by Karla
Hi Pascale,

Hope you're well.
I can confirm it is a defect.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,
Karla
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascale R.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds