Trouble loading Barudan FDR 3 onto machine with USB Drive

More
3 months 5 days ago #3644 by LightishRedd
Hello,

This is a problem that I forgot to report when Wilcom 4.5 came out. I don't typically use the FDR 3 machine format unless I have designs that require many thread colors. FDR 3 just makes it easier.

When I load a design in the FDR 3 format I currently get the on-screen error code A05. It's a "Wrong Tape Code or BAUD Rate Error". I've attached a couple photos to show the on-screen code and the Help Book description. I'm not sure what any of this means, but I noticed that the code lists "EL?" on the screen. According to the Help Book, this is the Tajima Code and not the Barudan Code.

I've also attached some FDR 3 files that were saved to the USB stick prior to 4.5 that still work and a file that I just saved yesterday that I'm trying to load but will not. These are in a Zip file. All of the files except for the one labeled "[BLACKHEATHER]-Lattice" still work.

Oh, and we only load designs from a USB stick. We don't use a cable or have our Barudan machines networked.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
How my design is situated on E4.5 screen is not how it is loading into Barudan10.04Friday, 08 May 2020
Tack Down Stiches Trouble5.33Tuesday, 11 September 2018
Team Name Not Loading4.99Monday, 17 June 2019
Team Names File Not Loading4.88Saturday, 15 June 2019
twin sequin designs Barudan FDR II twin sequin formate - e4.2J4.08Monday, 16 September 2019
Machine format setup3.71Tuesday, 12 November 2019
Digitize machine speed3.71Friday, 28 August 2020
EXP Melco Machine format issues3.67Thursday, 12 September 2019
Export to machine not working correctly3.67Saturday, 28 September 2019
Export to .VIP machine file missing from e4.2F3.67Wednesday, 06 March 2019
More
3 months 2 days ago #3648 by Gina
Did you ever get this resolved?

More
3 months 2 days ago #3649 by LightishRedd
Unfortunately no. I'm not sure what the true problem is. It started happening after 4.5 was released, and because the screen shows a Tajima code rather than a Barudan code, I'm just guessing that there's something saved to the file on export that doesn't represent it properly.

I'm thinking about raising a bug report, but wanted to see if a developer or moderator on this board has seen the issue. I may contact Barudan as well to see if they're aware of this happening.

Time to create page: 3.130 seconds