How do I ESCAPE commas in the Quick Names window?

More
1 year 3 months ago #505 by LightishRedd
First off, I'm using e3 Designer.

I'm looking for a way to ESCAPE commas when adding lists of names to the Quick Names window when setting up Team Names.

The ESCAPE terminology I'm using may be foreign to some, so I'll explain that first. Textual characters like symbols (eg. *, ", :, !) often have special functions or meanings inside programs and programming languages, and if you try to use them in just a STRING of text they can cause issues. This is the case when using the Quick Names window.

I personalize a lot of garments with names, titles, department names, etc, and many times these contain commas. I copy and paste these into the Quick Names window, but as you know, commas have special meaning inside this window. Sections of names will be sorted into the Name 1, Name 2, Name 3... columns when Wilcom runs into a comma. I want these commas to stay in place within the text and not be considered a column-break. So I need a way to ESCAPE the special affect commas have within the text.

I may be wrong, but I thought there was a way to do this in an older version of Wilcom. A fairly typical way of doing this while typing code is to place a backslash (\) before the character you wish to escape (\,). But this isn't working.

Is there a way to do this in Wilcom? And does anyone have any extra tips to add to speed up the process of creating and producing team names?

Thanks for reading.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
Program Split window Delete button4.41Monday, 08 July 2019
wrong label on Convert Designs window4.41Sunday, 24 November 2019
Team Names File Not Loading4.33Saturday, 15 June 2019
Need help setting up team names with design and 3 baselines4.28Monday, 29 April 2019
Best way to digitize multiple names on multiple shirts.3.69Friday, 09 August 2019
More
1 year 3 months ago #511 by brenden
A great idea but unfortunately something we don't support today. You can still add the text with a comma, but it will break it up to multiple columns as you described, and then you would need to edit each name to return the comma and add the additional text.

In terms of speed tips - Have you looked at the Team Name Templates? That's a great way to create pre-formatted templates of layouts you use frequently.

A help article on creating a Team Name template: www.wilcom.com/help/e4/es/en/index.htm#t...m&rhsearch=input%20a

Chief Product Officer - Wilcom
Sydney, Australia

Have you installed your latest Wilcom update? Click here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LightishRedd

More
1 year 3 months ago #516 by LightishRedd
Thank you for the response. I assumed as much.

And yes, I have been using Team Name Templates. They make team name setup so much easier when I have to repeat a job for the same client. I have had one issue creep up while using it though. Applying a Template to a list of names seems to lock in formatting for all the names. I set up a template with three lines left-justified and wanted to select a few individual names in the list to center afterward. Wilcom wouldn't let me do this. Is there a special way center these individual names, or would I have to set those up separately?

More
1 year 3 months ago #517 by antony
I also find centre aligned text in Teamname seem to be buggy.

More
1 year 3 months ago #519 by LightishRedd
What kind of buggy effects have you run into with centering?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

More
1 year 3 months ago #520 by antony
Multiple lines (in one single text input) centred without issue.

For Team Name, centring multiple different names, the names aren't centred properly. I ended up manually adjust the position of each name.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #3046 by DomA1
I worked around this by recreating the 'font' as a user created alphabet and just changed a lesser used character into a comma.

So for 'Company, Inc.' you might instead use 'Company[ Inc.' except you will have used a comma for the bracket when you create the alphabet.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds