Need recommendation for 'Fill Stitch Overlap' setting

More
3 months 3 hours ago #1312 by Pascale R.
I have a 150mm tall letter that will be sewn on faux white fur. I practiced on a sample, adding a border on the top half & leaving it off on the bottom part.
I think the satin border adds a nice finish. (and thank you Antony; you were right, I didn't need the knockdown stitches since overall columns were pretty wide)

Anyway, on to my question ....
One can clearly see the area where the tatami fill comes together. The setting is currently set to 1 (which according to the manual means there is no overlap). I haven't had the occasion to really mess with this setting before. What setting would you all recommend for this design & fabric?

Is it possible to have too much overlap and thereby cause it to stand out even more?

I've attached screenshot of my workspace along with photo of my test sewout.

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 hour ago #1315 by Hong
Hi Pascale,

They look like gaps for me. I am wondering if it will help by increasing the Overlap to 2 and/or adjusting the Stitch Angle a little bit. Would you like to share your design here?

Thanks,
Hong

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #1317 by antony
I would say most customers wouldn't notice any "gap" in your actual sample.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #1322 by Pascale R.

Hong wrote: Hi Pascale,

They look like gaps for me. I am wondering if it will help by increasing the Overlap to 2 and/or adjusting the Stitch Angle a little bit. Would you like to share your design here?

Thanks,
Hong

Sure! Here is the design.
Adjusting stitch angle ... I hadn't thought of that.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Hong

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds