Exception Errors with Alphabet Creator

More
2 years 6 months ago #1805 by LindeeG
1 - After copying my ESA fonts from the old USERLETW folder to the 4.2 folder, 4.2f can't see an ESA font in progress I was working on.
2. Creating a new ESA font caused an exception error but the file was created
3. Attempting to add a letter to this new font file also causes an exception error that is repeatable
4. Although I can't add additional letters to the former font in progress file, I can see it when I create lettering and can add letters that are in the old file

The font-in-progress version was created in 4.2c & d. The letter I was trying to add was started in 4.2d and modified today in 4.2f.

The crash is reproducible. The test font ESA file is empty. Attaching files.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
This attachment is hidden for guests.

This message has attachments files.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
e4.1J - ESA Alphabet name is not remembered when using Letter Creator9.36Friday, 29 November 2019
Exception Error using Font Creator with applique font8.71Wednesday, 04 March 2020
Wilcom Elements 3 install errors6.06Friday, 14 August 2020
Exception Access Violation in E35.46Wednesday, 07 July 2021
Getting Exception Access Violation when saving letter to old ESA file5.28Friday, 29 March 2019
Manange Alphabet missing from Set up menu4.73Monday, 06 January 2020
Error writing to alphabet file4.73Wednesday, 24 February 2021
Font Creator - e4,2J4.72Saturday, 23 November 2019
Font Creator Question4.67Friday, 09 August 2019
Font Creator & additional "swashy" characters4.57Sunday, 09 December 2018
More
2 years 6 months ago #1808 by Pascale R.
I am experiencing the same issue.
My ESA files(s) was/were created prior to e4.2. Unable to add new lettering to ESA fonts; system crashes with EAV. multiple times with different esa files.

I have reported this via the "Report an issue" via the internal Auto-Recovery.

Also, The open & automatically delete the recovered files is not deleting the recovered files when I close them (after selecting do not save).

More
2 years 6 months ago #1811 by Marnelli
Hi Lindee,

Are you using MAC OS?
I can see a folder included from your supplied file __MACOSX
Is you ES e4.2F installed by BootCamp or Parallel?

1 - After copying my ESA fonts from the old USERLETW folder to the 4.2 folder, 4.2f can't see an ESA font in progress I was working on.
Is the WrotIronTest.ESA font file was copied but it's not listed on the Lettering drop down list?
ES e4.2F should be closed prior to adding the .ESA font file to the font directory C:\Program Files\Wilcom\EmbroideryStudio_e4.2\USERLETW
Or restart ES e4.2F after adding the .ESA Font file to the font directory C:\Program Files\Wilcom\EmbroideryStudio_e4.2\USERLETW

Please provide the steps used in creating the new .ESA Font in ES 4.2F

3. Attempting to add a letter to this new font file also causes an exception error that is repeatable
Is the font file you're referring to the WrotIronTest.ESA?

4. Although I can't add additional letters to the former font in progress file, I can see it when I create lettering and can add letters that are in the old file
Please specify the name of the former font in the progress file?

The font-in-progress version was created in 4.2c & d. The letter I was trying to add was started in 4.2d and modified today in 4.2f. - Please use the ES E4.2F now as this is the office release of ES e4.2F.

Also, with the WrotIronTest.ESA font file, isn't it supposed to be a TTF not .ESA?

I can add it from the ES e4.2F font directory C:\Program Files\Wilcom\EmbroideryStudio_e4.2\USERLETW

It also appears listed in the Lettering Drop down list
However, the preview of the font itself is empty (attached screenshot)

Attachments:

More
2 years 6 months ago #1813 by LindeeG

Marnelli wrote: Are you using MAC OS?

Using Parallels on Mac. I only do Wilcom stuff in Windows. I dragged the files to my Mac desktop to zip and send.

Marnelli wrote: After copying my ESA fonts from the old USERLETW folder to the 4.2 folder, 4.2f can't see an ESA font in progress I was working on.

I quit e4.2F, found files, copied them and restarted e4.2f.

Marnelli wrote: Is the WrotIronTest.ESA font file was copied but it's not listed on the Lettering drop down list? .

It shows but there are no characters in it.

Marnelli wrote: 2. Creating a new ESA font caused an exception error but the file was created
Please provide the steps used in creating the new .ESA Font in ES 4.2F.

The normal process. Select letter, go to Object > Create Letter, Add letter. Except of course the Wrought Iron Monogram font didn't appear in the drop-down so I had to first create a new font.

Marnelli wrote: 3. Attempting to add a letter to this new font file also causes an exception error that is repeatable
Is the font file you're referring to the WrotIronTest.ESA?

Yes, I didn't try adding it to any other fonts because it would have overwritten the character.

Marnelli wrote: 4. Although I can't add additional letters to the former font in progress file, I can see it when I create lettering and can add letters that are in the old file
Please specify the name of the former font in the progress file?

Wrought Iron Monogram

Marnelli wrote: The font-in-progress version was created in 4.2c & d. The letter I was trying to add was started in 4.2d and modified today in 4.2f. - Please use the ES E4.2F now as this is the office release of ES e4.2F.

I am, and that's why I'm having the problem.

Marnelli wrote: Also, with the WrotIronTest.ESA font file, isn't it supposed to be a TTF not .ESA?

No. There was no TTF version. I digitized it from a crappy jpg.

Marnelli wrote: It also appears listed in the Lettering Drop down list
However, the preview of the font itself is empty (attached screenshot)

Exactly. Same here. I think the crash happens as I try to insert the letter and the letter never gets added.

I saved my master file out to an e3 version and created the font in e3, and when I brought it back to my computer and copied it to the correct folder, it works fine. The new file is called Wrought Iron Monogram 75mm. It's not ready for prime time yet - still needs test sewing.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #1834 by Karla
Hi LindeeG,

I've replied to your initial questions below.

A. Kindly provide an old ESA font (with a lot of lettering objects ) that you have added in e4.2F. In order for me to see objects created in the custom font file.

B. Is WrotIronTest. ESA just an empty test font file? Currently it only has 3KB in size.

4. Although I can't add additional letters to the former font in progress file, I can see it when I create lettering and can add letters that are in the old file.

As for 2, 3 and 4 I can reproduce the crash using Pascale's files. When I test the M-revised.EMB file I cannot reproduce the crash please see attachment.

For a workaround if the crash still present. Copy the objects to a new file and start creating the letters inside the new design (e4.2F normal template).

Note that the crash when creating a letter has been fixed in our latest build.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Karla.

More
2 years 6 months ago #1836 by LindeeG
A. Kindly provide an old ESA font (with a lot of lettering objects ) that you have added in e4.2F. In order for me to see objects created in the custom font file.

I don't have any that I successfully created in 4.2f. That was the first one I was trying to do in f and when I wasn't successful, I sent the file to another computer and created it in 3.0. I did have a 4.2d esa file that was fine but I have since overwritten it with the new (e3) one.

Do you need me to make a copy of one I previously made and add letters to it from e4.2f?

B. Is WrotIronTest. ESA just an empty test font file? Currently, it only has 3KB in size.

It's empty because every time I attempted to add the "M" to it, e4.2f crashed. It was created because I couldn't access the original file. It was a test file in that the letters are still being tested and not final.

Wrought Iron Monogram.esa, created in 4.2d had letters A thru L already added. All my other fonts were initially created before the EAP in e4 but the final ESA files were rebuilt in e3.

I usually create my alphabets on my Mac in e4 but when all finished and tested, I borrow a computer to create them in e3 for broader compatibility. I had no problem adding the letters from the master file there.

With this particular font, because it's so complex, I created each letter in its own file and then copied it to a master file for alignment matching and then added the letter from there. With the M it didn't matter where I tried to add it from - the master file or the individual, it resulted in a crash.

This particular font has been a "spare time" project so it's been in progress over the better part of a month.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #1837 by Karla
Hi LindeeG,

Thank you for the that.

A. I don't have any that I successfully created in 4.2f. That was the first one I was trying to do in f and when I wasn't successful, I sent the file to another computer and created it in 3.0. I did have a 4.2d esa file that was fine but I have since overwritten it with the new (e3) one.

Do you need me to make a copy of one I previously made and add letters to it from e4.2f?

Yes, kindly try this workaround if you can create a letter this time. Hopefully it works.

1. Open the file with the objects to be created as a letter.
2. Open a new file.
3. Copy the objects from the file from step 1.
4. Select all objects.
5. Create it as a letter ans select the existing alphabet name.
Letter should be added.

B. It's empty because every time I attempted to add the "M" to it, e4.2f crashed. It was created because I couldn't access the original file. It was a test file in that the letters are still being tested and not final.

Wrought Iron Monogram.esa, created in 4.2d had letters A thru L already added. All my other fonts were initially created before the EAP in e4 but the final ESA files were rebuilt in e3.

I usually create my alphabets on my Mac in e4 but when all finished and tested, I borrow a computer to create them in e3 for broader compatibility. I had no problem adding the letters from the master file there.

With this particular font, because it's so complex, I created each letter in its own file and then copied it to a master file for alignment matching and then added the letter from there. With the M it didn't matter where I tried to add it from - the master file or the individual, it resulted in a crash.

This particular font has been a "spare time" project so it's been in progress over the better part of a month.

Can you provide the Wrought Iron Monogram.esa file with letters A to L for me to test and add the M object. Thanks.

Thanks,
Karla

More
2 years 6 months ago #1839 by LindeeG
Hi Karla,

<b>Can you provide the Wrought Iron Monogram.esa file with letters A to L for me to test and add the M object. Thanks.</b>

It took some work, but I managed to recover it. I think this is it. It has old versions of A-N. It's size for 75mm.

Lindee

This message has an attachment file.

More
2 years 6 months ago #1840 by Karla
Hi LindeeG,

I understand now. The issue originated from another issue we had in e4.2 beta builds. The issue was that the ESA file was not recognized/flagged as a user font but as a system font. ESA files from e4.1, e4.0 and older versions are not affected by this problem.

I will have to double check if I can flag your ESA file to user font.

Many thanks,
Karla

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #1841 by Karla
Hi LindeeG,

I have attached the file that we flagged as user font.
Please remove the old file you have in you USERLETW and save the attachment instead.

Thanks,
Karla

This message has an attachment file.

The following user(s) said Thank You: LindeeG

Time to create page: 2.146 seconds