Lettering tool vs Monogramming tool and height of letters

More
1 year 7 months ago #1877 by Pascale R.
I'm sure there is a good explanation for this, but I haven't figured it out yet:

I am making a 3 letter monogram (cFh) using Centurion esa font.
Question: Why is the size of the finished monogram different when using the Monogramming tool versus the Lettering tool, when both are set to 42mm height?

1st method (see 1st image / orange monogram)
I created the center F, using 42mm height. Then I created the flanking letters and resized to 2/3 the size of the F.

2nd method: (see 2nd image / blue monogram)
Used the Monogramming tool.
Typed CFH, chose the #1 template, selected Centurion font, and typed 42 in the height box. Final monogram is ~57mm tall

3rd method: (see 3rd image / red monogram)
I selected the 57mm tall object (from 2nd method) & copied / pasted it.
a. Selected new object, and using the bounding nodes, I dragged it until height in the Property Bar read 42mm
b. alternatively, I selected the object and entered 42mm height in the Property bar.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
Select tool6.92Thursday, 30 April 2020
bug input c tool6.92Friday, 19 October 2018
Using the Welding tool6.92Sunday, 10 March 2019
Measure Tool6.92Friday, 28 June 2019
sequin tool6.92Tuesday, 14 May 2019
Issues after use knife tool6.85Sunday, 23 September 2018
Observation & "problem" with using BRANCHING tool6.77Monday, 05 November 2018
Is there a way to adjust the number of points when using the Star Tool?6.7Thursday, 06 December 2018
Freehand select tool - is there a way to keep it active? Or keyboard shortcut?6.62Tuesday, 05 November 2019
Sequin tool not showing highlight for pierced sequins6.62Monday, 20 May 2019
More
1 year 7 months ago #1889 by Hong
Hi Pascale,

That's because you used Style #1 for the monogram object and the height control is applied to the letter C and H instead of the letter F.

If you create 'CFH' lettering object with Lettering Art #1 and 'CFH' monogramming object with Style #19, their heights will be very close.

Regards,
Hong

More
1 year 7 months ago #1903 by Pascale R.

Hong wrote: Hi Pascale,

That's because you used Style #1 for the monogram object and the height control is applied to the letter C and H instead of the letter F.

Thanks Hong. I'll know to use the flanking letters to determine height from now on

If you create 'CFH' lettering object with Lettering Art #1 and 'CFH' monogramming object with Style #19, their heights will be very close.

I didn't understand that part. In attached emb file, I set the monogram tool to 25mm, but the final monograms for styles 1 & 19 are differently sized. Is this not what you meant?

Regards,
Hong

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
1 year 7 months ago #1905 by Hong
Hi Pascale,

Regarding my comment: If you create 'CFH' lettering object with Lettering Art #1 and 'CFH' monogramming object with Style #19, their heights will be very close, I tried to compare the same height control between the 'CFH' Lettering object (with Lettering Art #1, not Style #1 for monogramming) and 'CFH' Monogramming object (with Style #19). Please refer to the attachment for what I meant.

Thanks,
Hong
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascale R.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds