What things you don't like about the Color related controls?

More
2 months 1 week ago #1917 by Pascale R.
Color toolbar:

1. Do you setup the color palette on the Color toolbar before you digitize a new design?
No

2. How do you normally setup the color palette on the Color toolbar?
I have my favorite colors set up in sequential colors (light blue, med blue, dark blue / light pink, med pink, dark pink, light green, med green, dark green etc.)
I initially set up my toolbar this way so I could use for my applique shapes when I make applique WITHOUT using the auto-applique tool (light med dark of same color to represent placement, tack, cover). I haven't had the need/time/gumption to make a new color palette.

3. Do you prefer to have as many different colors as possible in the color palette by default, or have only one or several basic colors in the color palette by default on the Color toolbar?
I like having more colors. Saves a step to add color if the color I'm looking for isn't already there.

4. Do you like the way the color palette scrolls a whole row at a time on the Color toolbar?
Yes, although, with my small (?) monitor, there are two rows (I wish I had room for a single row of all colors)

5. Do you like the look and feel of the opened 'Current Colorway' dropdown list on the Color toolbar?
This little box is perfectly fine.

The list of color chips here though, is not necessary and takes up room (not best example, as I haven't updated my colorways)

5.1 Do you want to see the design thumbnails inside the background squares in the opened 'Current Colorway' dropdown list (as shown in attachment)?
Are you referring to the boxes with the hand drawn "?" in above screenshot? It could be helpful for folks who have lots of different options for one design.

5.2 Do you want to see the color block sequence (as Color List in the Color-Object List docker) for each colorway in the opened 'Current Colorway' dropdown list?
Are you referring to the hand drawn "X" in above screenshot? If so, no I do not want to see all the color blocks.

(Hong - I will be out of town till next week so I won't be able to clarify or answer any questions until then ---- I haven't had any luck maneuvering site with my iPhone)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hong

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 6 days ago #1918 by Hong
Hi Pascale,

Thank you very much for your input. My answer is 'Yes' for your questions in 5.1 and 5.2 above.

Regards,
Hong
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascale R.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1934 by vitordigitizing
I just think color editor and Thread tab should to be one. In really think the layout of software should look more minimum we how have lot tools and looks like you need an 80 inches to monitor to can get a nice workspace.

Always Learning.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1957 by Hong

vitordigitizing wrote: I just think color editor and Thread tab should to be one. In really think the layout of software should look more minimum we how have lot tools and looks like you need an 80 inches to monitor to can get a nice workspace.

Hi Vitor,

Could you please explain what you meant "I just think color editor and Thread tab should to be one"? In e4.2, there is a Threads Docker and a Threads Pane in the Colorway Editor Docker. Is your "Thread tab" referring to the Threads Docker or the Threads Pane in the Colorway Editor Docker?

Thanks,
Hong

Hi Antony and Pascale,

We have added the Assign Thread button back to the Threads pane of Colorway Editor docker and the Threads docker, and changed the single-click back to select a color and double-clicking back to assign color in e4.2G 25 Mar 2019 (88-20027) [65c03d89].

Thanks,
Hong

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1962 by antony
thank you Hong.
(Re- Assign Thread button)
Thank you for brining back the good ol' familiar behaviour.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hong, Pascale R.

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds