Best video links to start learning the program?

More
2 months 5 days ago #2208 by swingrays
Hi all! I'm new to digitizing, but I've run many embroidery jobs at the shop. I'm well versed in Illustrator, Corel,, Photoshop, etc. My shop just acquired Wilcom to run on our Barudan heads and, although I'm not the embroidery person here at my shop, I want to learn the program. Added value to the shop, am I right?

Problem is, I can't find many videos that start from square one when it comes to Wilcom. I have a general idea of how digitizing works, and I've analyzed countless embroidery jobs over the years to know just how they get sewn, at least at our shop. (we sub out to a guy in China who does all our digitizing, which I think is crazy!) I did find one lady who has a few videos that kinda go from the start, but they're very rambling and long.

Can anyone point me to a video that shows where to start? Should I learn straight basic digitizing in a different program? Isn't it basically all the same procedures, just different programs? Art is art, right?
I doubt I'd be creating brand new designs, mostly editing our subbed out jobs and maybe digitizing an image for a client eventually. .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
Program Split window Delete button4.85Monday, 08 July 2019
Start and End on Run stitches4.18Monday, 03 September 2018
Repositioning location of the start/end points changes satin to run ???4.05Tuesday, 11 June 2019
More
2 months 5 days ago - 2 months 5 days ago #2210 by Karla
Hi Swingrays,

We have a lot of video tutorials in our youtube account. This will help you with editing and even making a design from scratch. The link is " www.youtube.com/user/wilcomdiscovery/videos "

Other materials can be found in our website. You can all access videos from the SW Home screen (Turtorials) and Help menu file.

Regards,
Karla
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 months 5 days ago by Karla.

More
2 months 4 days ago #2216 by antony
Being old schooled myself, I would suggest old fashioned tutorial.

I highly recommend attending Classroom Training
www.wilcom.com/gethelp/learning/classroomtraining.aspx (Australia and New Zealand)
www.wilcomamerica.com/training/onsite-training (Wilcom America)

Alternatively, if you have access to e3 (or knows someone who has a copy of e3 and can borrow it), there's an EmbroideryStudio e3 Workbook (PDF), within the book, Part II Workbook Projects (page 89 onwards) would be a great starting points.

Wilcom Tutorials www.wilcomtutorials.com has online video classes in tutorial style.
Stitch Vault also had great tutorial. (BTW, what happened to John Wright's Stitch Vault website?)

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #2244 by Pascale R.
You can also find videos here
www.wilcom.com/en-us/gethelp/support/trainingvideos.aspx
They may or may not be duplicates of what is found on the YouTube channel

John Wright also has great videos on the Wilcom Product Blog here
productblog.wilcom.com/
John is an excellent instructor and his videos are always clear, precise and very informative.
If you have something specific in mind, I believe John accepts topic ideas in the comments section for future videos :)

James in Atlanta has these videos: I haven't signed up for one in a while, but in the past, he would send you link to class so you could watch it again.
www.wilcomamerica.com/training/online-training --- oh but Antony already mentioned that one.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #2249 by Pascale R.
Hi Swingrays -

Here's a video and tutorial that John just posted that you might find helpful:

productblog.wilcom.com/planning-a-designwine-bottle-project/

More
1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #2379 by Aksilenko
WilcomAmerica has good webinars for both advanced and beginner level digitizers. Do check their website from time to time at www.wilcomamerica.com/training/online-training .
You'll need to register there and have your dongle # ready when registering for the webinars.

As to the very beginner lessons this is a good place to start< though it is not free - www.wilcomtutorials.com/

There are many resources on the Net and on Yourtube, but if you prefer more structured type of educations, then I'd start with wilcomtutorials site.

When you have the beginner knowledge< then you can pick and choose what is of more interest to you, Still, first you have to get some basic knowledge to understand the terminology and get to know how the program works.

Hope that helps,
Irene
Last edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Aksilenko.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds