How do I create offset to this DST file (text)?

More
1 year 7 months ago #2250 by Pascale R.
Goal:
Create the name "Mallory" as two objects (M and "allory"), so I can create a raggy edge applique (once I have the 2 objects, I know how to create the applique).
My template is the imported DST file of letters (blue placement & purple double pass tackdown stitches)

1st attempt: I thought using the offset tool at 1.5mm might work, but the results are not what I expected (see green stitches).

2nd attempt: Working with the M - I duplicated it, converted to vector, closed curve with curve, change nodes to circles, used the combine shaping tool > still no good (and not sure why the overall M isn't a solid brown). Didn't continue with other letters.

3rd attempt: blue filled vector - Trial & error, and I don't know how I got that result. Also, the centers holes are missing.

If I have the TTF, I can do what I need, (albeit the M & the holes need work, but overall not bad) - see the pink stitching

So ... my question applies for future designs where I only have the DST file, and I don't have the TTF or ESA to work from. How would you do this with ONLY the template provided by the DST file? Is it possible without manually redigitizing?

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #2255 by antony
Pascale,
Can you also attach the DST file? (Just want to see if I can get something out.)

More
1 year 7 months ago #2257 by Pascale R.
Hi Antony,
Here is the DST file (I think) ...

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds