Why would changing connector settings ALSO change Fill Stitch (DST file)?

More
4 weeks 12 hours ago - 3 weeks 6 days ago #2259 by Pascale R.
Here's a goofy thing ...
I open a DST design & see lots of jumps.
Without making any changes, I sent to Happy HCD2 machine to see if it would trim. It did not.

I go back to Wilcom to look at design more closely.
I select the entire thing; go to the connectors tab and add trims.
The weird thing is that some of the tatami stitch fills changed to satin stitches (v in every; arrow feathers and parts of the green section of the tree). Other areas may have been affected, but these immediately stood out) -- see attached video

Why would that happen?
How does one prevent this from happening?

Note: the Open Options was activated with Objects/outlines & Auto Connectors both checked.
*I did not make any changes in the advanced (ie. intimidating) recognition settings *

I also attached the original DST file. This file is a purchased file and is not mine to share.
Edit note: I sent the wrong size file, but you can still see what happens

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by Pascale R.. Reason: added Edit note

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #2268 by brenden
Yes I see.... let me do some Sherlock Holmesing...

Senior Product Manager - Wilcom
Sydney, Australia

Have you installed your latest Wilcom update? Click here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascale R.

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #2283 by Petar
When opening a stitch file in ES e4.2 we try not to change it unless you do something on purpose like resizing or changing a property like connectors.

Yes this is an intentional change to the previous version of ES e4.1. In ES E4.1 you would lose those embossed/tatami effects as soon as you opened the files with object/outlines on, even if you made zero changes.

When opening DST files the machine format is set to recognize 3 consecutive jumps as a trim. It seems some of these jumps are just one single jump to the next spot.

My only suggestion so you don't lose the effects would be to go through the design in the stitch list docker and insert trim at the required spots.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascale R.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #2289 by Pascale R.

Petar wrote: When opening a stitch file in ES e4.2 we try not to change it unless you do something on purpose like resizing or changing a property like connectors.

My only suggestion so you don't lose the effects would be to go through the design in the stitch list docker and insert trim at the required spots.

Thanks Petar for the suggestion. That stinks though. I ALWAYS have to make changes to the DST files I purchase (and sometimes, I don't notice that software made unwanted changes --- UGG).

Off topic: Is there a way to print these comments without having all the side columns & extra unwanted sections? I need to have these tips/comments/ etc in a notebook for easy retrieval!

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds