Few questions about wilcom e 4.2 h.

More
4 weeks 3 hours ago #2261 by yogisaw
Hi Everybody,

I have recently upgraded to wilcom ES e4.2H. 2nd Apr 2019 update from wilcom 2006. I have few queries. Hoping the community to help me clear them.

1) when I select an object, change its color and quickly deselect it by pressing keyboard shortcut “X”. It does not change color of the object. Instead it change the default color. Its quiet annoying especially when I have to wait till it complete changing color.

2) we have shortcut for 1.25 x zoom in View-zoom menu. But both shortcuts does not work. The same shortcut is given to “Travel 100 st.” function

3) In wilcom 2006, when we are travelling by object we could select next object by right clicking select button (toolbar icon). This functionality is removed in es 4.2. It is very helpful to quickly select/identify the next object.

Is there any setting somewhere to enable this option? If yes please tell me how to do it and if no please add the same functionality in next update.

4) I created a square and filled it with island coil. Then changed its height to 2 mm (accidentally.....I was supposed to make it 20). The problem here is that software hangs and stop its functionality. I know nobody use 2 mm height for island coil but still I am adding it here to help developers remove bugs.

5) Accidentally I selected 30 instead of .30 in stitch spacing and changed it to .50. The software reset spacing to .01. Ideally It should change the spacing to .50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
Why Wilcom make complicated what is simple3.26Wednesday, 12 December 2018
Wilcom slow to open and save3.26Wednesday, 15 May 2019
Wilcom e4.2H - Convert TrueType Font feature3.22Friday, 10 May 2019
Webroot is stopping "System 32\taskhostw.exe" - is this a Wilcom thing?3.19Monday, 25 February 2019
Dumb question: clicking on file opens in Wilcom instead of preview panel3.12Thursday, 10 January 2019
More
3 weeks 6 days ago #2266 by brenden
Hi Yogisaw,

Welcome to our community forum!

Here are some notes and comments to your points.

1. I have tried to reproduce this but I don't think I am getting the same results as you. Here are my steps.

a. I create an object in Color 1 Green.
b. I select the object and change color to Color 2 Blue.
c. Object changes to Blue.
d. I press X to de-select.
e. Object de-selects, remains blue, and Color 1 Green is now the active color.

Is this the same behaviour you are getting?

2. I see the confusion here, but there are actually two + and - symbols on the keyboard: The main keyboard and the numpad section of the keyboard. The Travel 100 st. shortcurt is the Numpad +, however the zoom in 1.25 is the + on the main keyboard.

3. I think you may be referring to the old selects mode which was a DOS legacy feature. I am not sure when this was retired. I think 2006 may have been the last time this was used. However, it is replaced with a more modern way. You can now travel by selected object using the TAB and Shift-TAB keyboard shortcuts.

Select an object, then press TAB. It will move forward and select the next object. You can then use Shift-TAB to select backwards.

4. Thank you. I can reproduce this crash so I will make an internal report, (CAD-13652)

5. I was not able to reproduce this issue, however I may not be doing the correct steps. Could you kindly provide step-by-step instructions on how to produce this problem?

Many thanks and I hope this information has helped.

Brenden

Senior Product Manager - Wilcom
Sydney, Australia

Have you installed your latest Wilcom update? Click here.
Attachments:

More
3 weeks 6 days ago - 3 weeks 6 days ago #2272 by yogisaw
Hi Brenden

Many thanks for your quick answers.

1. I have tried to reproduce this but I don't think I am getting the same results as you. Here are my steps.

I am a shortcut lover and often use shortcut to speed up my work. It works properly but this happens when you change color of the object and quickly (just after color change) press "x" to deselect it. I have attached a video of it (1.webm),

2. I see the confusion here, but there are actually two + and - symbols on the keyboard: The main keyboard and the numpad section of the keyboard. The Travel 100 st. shortcurt is the Numpad +, however the zoom in 1.25 is the + on the main keyboard.

Thanks, I almost forgot about these keys. It work properly.

3. I think you may be referring to the old selects mode which was a DOS legacy feature. I am not sure when this was retired. I think 2006 may have been the last time this was used. However, it is replaced with a more modern way. You can now travel by selected object using the TAB and Shift-TAB keyboard shortcuts.

Select an object, then press TAB. It will move forward and select the next object. You can then use Shift-TAB to select backwards.

Yes It was working in 2006 and also the tab & shift tab feature was working in 2006. I used to select next object by right clicking select button and then next object by ctrl+tab. unfortunately tab feature works only if some object is selected. Please add this feature back in next update. there is no reason to remove it.

5. I was not able to reproduce this issue, however I may not be doing the correct steps. Could you kindly provide step-by-step instructions on how to produce this problem?

I have attached a video (5.webm) for details.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 3 weeks 6 days ago by yogisaw.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #2274 by brenden
HI Yogisaw,

Thanks for the added videos.

1. I understand this issue now and can reproduce. Thank you.

3. Thank you for the additional explanation. This feature is still available by using the Ctrl key.

a. travel before an object you want to select.
b. hold down Ctrl and click a travel.
c. as you travel it selects the objects.

This method is quicker than the old icon, as we now have a shortcut key for it.

4. Thank you again for the video. Yes, doing two full stops (0.. ) will cause the density to be 0.01. This is how the computer handles such input.

Brenden

Senior Product Manager - Wilcom
Sydney, Australia

Have you installed your latest Wilcom update? Click here.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #2276 by yogisaw
Hi Brenden

Thanks for confirmation. Hope to get the fixes for 1 & 5.

for number 3, A video of it might be a good help for me.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #2279 by yogisaw
Thanks Brenden I managed to get it (3) working.

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds