How do I avoid gap in stitches at tie-off of satin column?

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #2439 by Pascale R.
Wondering what I could do to avoid the gap in satin stitching at tie-off location in satin column.

In the baby gown I just embroidered, there was a gap in the stitching where the tie off occurred (as though there had been two objects that didn't meet). Sorry, I didn't take picture before I fixed it by hand with needle & thread.

The gap was across the entire width of the column where, on screen, you see the tieoff:

I attached the emb file, but it is a custom esa font, so I hope you will still be able to see.

For the next item (a baby beanie), I made the K a separate object so it could tie off at the end (rather than middle of the column). I didn't notice a gap (but also, the name was much smaller and it didn't have the large initial underneath it).

Any ideas?
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Pascale R.. Reason: added the emb file

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
Column "C" don't change satin stitch values8.2Monday, 29 July 2019
Column A object changes to column B after editing stitch angle -e4.1Q6.1Thursday, 06 September 2018
What's the difference between Column A and Digitise Column?5.76Monday, 20 May 2019
Travel run in raised satin.4.19Sunday, 01 September 2019
Change satin spacing4.19Tuesday, 09 June 2020
Repositioning location of the start/end points changes satin to run ???4.1Tuesday, 11 June 2019
How to fill the inner area of a closed Column С contour?4.1Friday, 06 March 2020
Automatic Knife not working if auto-digitise with Turning Satin Object3.97Friday, 10 May 2019
Start and End on Run stitches3.86Monday, 03 September 2018
Small Stitches3.86Tuesday, 27 November 2018
More
1 year 3 months ago #2449 by antony
I am not sure if I am 100% following you. I assume the "gap" refers to where the tie-off ends, and you don't want it showing at the middle of the satin column.

You can try option #1 or #3, which from on screen, it seems less noticeable;
Or adjust the length (see screenshot);
Or break-apart the words, and move the end point (of first letter) to the end of the stroke which will make the tie-off less noticeable.
Attachments:

More
1 year 3 months ago #2474 by Pascale R.
Hey Antony,
What? You don't understand my rambling ? LOL ... just kidding.

It may have been a fluke .... the tie off itself wasn't noticeable. I wish I had thought to take picture. I suspect the process of tieying off pulled the other satin stitches away and created a gap (like an intersection of T if one column is super wide and next set of stitches pulls them apart).

I did do as you said with the next item and isolated the K so I could move the tie off.

More
1 year 3 months ago #2487 by yogisaw
Hi pascale I opened your emb file but could not find gap in it. I am not sure if it is the same but I used to get the same problem earlier. wilcom somehow and sometime add gaps wherever there is injected object or a tie-off. I used to regenerate stitches to bring them back to normal.

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #2489 by Pascale R.

yogisaw wrote: Hi pascale I opened your emb file but could not find gap in it. I am not sure if it is the same but I used to get the same problem earlier. wilcom somehow and sometime add gaps wherever there is injected object or a tie-off. I used to regenerate stitches to bring them back to normal.

Thank you yogisaw -- you are correct. I double checked on screen too and there was no gap!
It was only when it sewed that the gap appeared.
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Pascale R..

Time to create page: 3.360 seconds