Question on Wilcom's video: Creating Monograms (May 13, 2019)

More
1 year 2 months ago #2453 by Pascale R.
I am having fun watching your video on the monogramming tool, but I have a question:

It looks like your flower ornaments automatically generated in 3 colors, all of which are different from the color of the H and the stemstitch border.

How do you do that?
Mine are also 3 colors, but the leaves & vine are blue like my monogram (and stemstich border).

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
Dumb question: clicking on file opens in Wilcom instead of preview panel7.61Thursday, 10 January 2019
Best video links to start learning the program?5.87Wednesday, 10 July 2019
Stacked Monograms - how does software decide on positioning?5.87Thursday, 21 May 2020
CorelGraphics Studio 2019 upgrade5.27Friday, 20 March 2020
Font Creator Question5.11Friday, 09 August 2019
Is the tilde "~" key off limits when creating an esa letter?4.6Monday, 09 December 2019
error when creating a new motif design4.6Sunday, 31 May 2020
Creating evenly spaced Auto Split stitching4.5Tuesday, 11 September 2018
Few questions about wilcom e 4.2 h.2.96Monday, 03 June 2019
Samples in Wilcom2.96Friday, 21 February 2020
More
1 year 2 months ago #2459 by Karla
Hi Pascale,

I've asked the author of the video and stated that she might have used the Break Apart tool.

I think you select the motif object by using ALT + Select ornaments (by mouse).
Break Apart
Go to Color Object list - change all the green objects by clicking ALT + Shift (to select multiple) then change to color red.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Karla

More
1 year 2 months ago #2468 by Pascale R.

Karla wrote: Hi Pascale,

I've asked the author of the video and stated that she might have used the Break Apart tool.

I think you select the motif object by using ALT + Select ornaments (by mouse).
Break Apart
Go to Color Object list - change all the green objects by clicking ALT + Shift (to select multiple) - that didn't work for me then change to color red.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Karla

Hi Karla - thanks for checking into this for me.
Well, I wasn't able to follow your exact steps but I was eventually able to isolate each leafy section of the motifs and change their color.

Here were my steps:
1. Select entire design (monogram, border + motifs) and Break apart. This separated the monogram & the border away from the motifs (the motifs were all still one big grouping).

2. At this point, when I selected the motif, I was unable to break apart further.

3. Clicking Alt + Shift + leafy sections (in color object list) didn't allow me to select multiple leafy sections at a time (ie. I could only select leafy sections from ONE motif).

4. However, Alt + ONE Leafy motif section - allowed me to 'isolate' one leafy motif section at a time & change its color. I simply repeated this for the remaining motifs. So, that worked - yay!

Alternatively, after that initial breakapart, I could have reassigned the colors in the Colorway Editor to achieve the same result

Time to create page: 5.074 seconds