Wilcom to the rescue - I redigitized DST design to reduce # trims

More
1 year 4 days ago #2461 by Pascale R.
Happy with result thanks to Wilcom!

I redigitized DST design and was able to reduce trims from many to one. And, having the ESA creator will make it easy for the next time I need these letters. Yay!!!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex, antony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
How to reduce nodes6.03Tuesday, 09 June 2020
"Error writing the design data" - Wilcom 4.2j5.51Thursday, 19 December 2019
Trims in PES files4.8Sunday, 26 January 2020
Tusj ESA font does not have Trims, tie-offs or tie-ins4.69Saturday, 03 November 2018
Size Discrepancies from design to saved or formated design.3.82Monday, 04 November 2019
Design Library - contents of Design Info Tab3.75Thursday, 08 August 2019
Few questions about wilcom e 4.2 h.3.03Monday, 03 June 2019
Samples in Wilcom3.03Friday, 21 February 2020
Wilcom default settings3Friday, 22 November 2019
Download a trial for Wilcom3Sunday, 17 May 2020
More
1 year 3 days ago #2463 by antony
:wlove:
Well done!

A while back I challenged myself that I would digitise it in one go, as in no adding running stitches at end or re-sequence and no branching.
(I usually go back to add running stitches to reduce trims.)

I did use Apply Closest Join (J).
I am happy with the results (4 trims).
Attachments:

More
1 year 3 days ago #2466 by Pascale R.
That looks great Antony !

I'm like you, I usually have to go back and add the running stitches to make things flow better and reduce trims.
Doing it "as you go" takes a lot of forethought and patience (which I don't have)!

Great job!

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #2905 by Zzeus
If I buy a digitized design for a customer from a third party I almost always re-digitize it to run and stitch properly. I had a customer bring me his dst file he had done on line and it had 64 trims in a 4-inch luf. after redoing the design I had twelve trims and reduced the color changes from 14 to 6. I tell everyone if they supply the design instead of art it could (and probably will) actually cost more. I have found it far more time consuming to try to fix someone's design than create it.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #2906 by Pascale R.

Zzeus wrote: If I buy a digitized design for a customer from a third party I almost always re-digitize it to run and stitch properly. ........... I tell everyone if they supply the design instead of art it could (and probably will) actually cost more. I have found it far more time consuming to try to fix someone's design than create it.

So True! Often I think, "Oh! This won't be too bad to edit", then it becomes more & after spending an enormous amount of time on it, I refuse to surrender and admit defeat - LOL Crazy thinking on my part, I guess.

I sent a problematic file to Wilcom Support yesterday after trying to 'fix' two merged DST third party designs. Editing & making changes caused Wilcom to freeze on multiple occasions. Redigitizing would have been the fastest & less headache generating option!

Time to create page: 7.032 seconds