how to edit motif?

More
1 year 5 days ago - 1 year 5 days ago #2486 by yogisaw
how to edit motif? was created by yogisaw
Hi

I have an old motif made which I can select and apply. now I need to make another motif but the new motif is similar to old one and have minor changes. In wilcom 2006 I used to get original motif from menu -> motif -> select motif. then after changes I used to save it as other motif. This was very helpful since there was no requirement to digitize the shape again.

Problem is I have upgraded to wilcom E4.2J and unable to find the same. I will have to digitize the shape again.

Is there any thing I am missing? if not please add the functionality back.

Edit :- In reference manual page 652 describe use motif but I cannot see that in motif run. Please confirm.
Last edit: 1 year 5 days ago by yogisaw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
Motif Run in e4.5.1 designing5.36Thursday, 30 July 2020
Unwanted stitches in motif run5.3Wednesday, 18 September 2019
error when creating a new motif design5.24Sunday, 31 May 2020
Can't edit .EMB file4.56Saturday, 01 February 2020
Trying to edit design - options greyed out4.46Tuesday, 14 April 2020
How do I edit the Teamname template for new school?4.46Tuesday, 19 May 2020
Unable to edit properties of an imported font4.41Wednesday, 12 February 2020
More
1 year 3 days ago #2503 by Karla
Replied by Karla on topic how to edit motif?
Hi Yogisaw,

Thank you for your report.

Do you have the custom ESA files for your old motifs? If yes, copy and save them on this link "C:\Program Files\Wilcom\EmbroideryStudio_e4.2\USERLETW" . You should be able to use them in e4.2J.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Karla

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #2522 by yogisaw
Replied by yogisaw on topic how to edit motif?
Hi Karla

It seems you have not understood my question. I already have imported all my old motifs so there is no problem at all.

For example, now I need to have make another motif which is based on (90 % equal to ) one of the existing motif. So in that case, I will have to digitize complete motif structure. In wilcom 2010 I used to select old motif - place single motif - modify it - and then make new motif according to the need. This feature is missing in wilcom e4.2J

In any case if there is still any confusion, Please let me know the way to use single motif. I am not talking about creating motif run and then reducing the length to fit single motif in it. I am talking here about the raw motif structure.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #2545 by Petar
Replied by Petar on topic how to edit motif?
It's not missing. Look for the feature called Use Motif which is located on the Traditional digitizing toolbar. With it, you will be able to stamp the motif and then make some minor changes to it.

Here is the help section Use Motif

So simply select the motif you want in the object properties then click on Use Motif. This will allow you to place the motif then you will be able to edit it in reshape.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yogisaw

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #2551 by yogisaw
Replied by yogisaw on topic how to edit motif?
Thanks Petar, I was searching it in the menu section.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds