Floppy Disks

More
3 weeks 23 hours ago #2587 by CindyT
Floppy Disks was created by CindyT
I am having a problem exporting designs to disk. I have E4.2 running on Windows 10. The Machines are Barudan Bent and Bext models. In older software versions, I was able to "save as" .dst to my floppy drive and the machines could read them. Now I have to export to machine disk, which is no big deal, when it works. Sometimes it won't save, or just partially save. Sometimes it will read into the machine sometimes not. After getting frustrated today I finaly saved barudan format on the same disk, and poof, then the machine could read everything on the disk except the barudan file. Why?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 22 hours ago #2589 by Petar
Replied by Petar on topic Floppy Disks
Just to clarify are you using File > Export Machine File or the Legacy toolbar disk option to save to the floppy disks.

So I take it that both machines don't have USB ports?
I have a BEXT-S1501 CBII

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #2615 by Zzeus
Replied by Zzeus on topic Floppy Disks
I too have the same problem exporting to floppy in .dst. I've always blamed my readers until I used my old Compucon software to export the file and had no problems. This is a definite issue that should be resolved.
I have had to do the same file numerous times before it worked. I have even had to redo the design (typically just text) before it would read.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #2616 by Zzeus
The Barudan readers will not read both if on the same disc. They read only the first file it comes to.

More
2 weeks 6 hours ago #2619 by CindyT
Replied by CindyT on topic Floppy Disks
Yes, I am using the export machine file. I used to just use "save as"a dst file in the older versions, but 4.2 doesn't offer that option. I have tried exporting to the machine file folder, and copying to a floppy. I also formatted a machine disk with the machine, and tried exporting barudan format to barudan formatted floppy, and it's still a 50-50 shot if the machine can read it or not. I can open the same disk in the computer, but the machine doesn't want to read it.
All 3 machines in the shop use floppy disks.

More
1 week 6 days ago #2621 by Petar
Replied by Petar on topic Floppy Disks
Just saved 10 files to a 3.5 floppy disk (usb floppy drive) and I can see them all when going to the disk in windows.

When going to the floppy disk do you see all the files on the PC? Do the file sizes look right? Can the files be opened in ES?

Unfortunately I don't have a Barudan machine with floppy drives. Do you know what format the Barudan machine formatted the disk too?

Method 1:-
1. Open an EMB file or create something
2. Select File > Export Machine File...
3. Click on the Floppy drive a:\
4. Click Save (wait a long time)

Method 2:-
1. Select Window > Toolbars > Legacy Toolbars, make sure turned on

2. Find the toolbar above
3. Click on the Disk icon and select Save As
Attachments:

More
1 week 6 days ago #2627 by Zzeus
I have saved them both ways and still have the same issue whether I use the export file button or the export to machine. Error message when you try to read gives a Corrupted File message. I have run chkdsk/f on them and every time has shown cross linked files. Can be a big pain on busy days.

More
1 week 3 days ago - 1 week 3 days ago #2632 by CindyT
Just tried it using the legacy features menu. It read in the machine, at least this time today. I will let you know if I still have any more problems. Thank you so much! Did not think to use that menu.
Last edit: 1 week 3 days ago by CindyT.

More
1 week 2 days ago #2633 by CindyT
I wanted to add a note to my previous post. Any machine file I saved to a disk was readable in the computer. I was able to open them up after saving. I would insert the floppy into the machine, and it would either see the pattern without any stitches or give me a disk error when trying to load it. I could take the disk out of the machine, put it in the usb floppy drive attached to the computer, and see the pattern. Sometimes it will open, and sometimes not, even though the file was there. We"ll see how it does going through the legacy feature. So far, so good.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds