Floppy Disks

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #3461 by Petar
Replied by Petar on topic Floppy Disks
What's the machine model and what floppy disk format is required for the machine?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #3462 by Laurie
Replied by Laurie on topic Floppy Disks
I have a single and a 4 head of around the year 2000... BENY-ME-ZN/ZQ ... and I’ve always formatted them In a Tajima .dst format with the 2006 Wilcom.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #3464 by Laurie
Replied by Laurie on topic Floppy Disks
I have a BENT-ZQ-201U single head. I also have my old Wilcom ES-45 Designer software. But.. since using the wilcom 2006 edition it changed all my files to ,emb files. Now the older ES-45 can not open them. That is why I purchased the Newest program of WIlcom Designstudio E4.2. Nothing I do seems to work to get the floppy disk to write? I've tried the Barudan format the tajima … i'm just at my wits end.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #3465 by CindyT
Replied by CindyT on topic Floppy Disks
Part of what is happening I think is related to Windows 10. Older equipment, floppy drives, are considered obsolete. The techs at Microsoft I talked to didn't know what a floppy is, if that tells you anything. I would be sure to update your equipment as soon as possible, there are usb drives available to convert to. I know it's not cheap, I have to do the same. Microsoft did a remote login on my computer, and said the computer is reading the floppy fine, I told them it is the machine not reading it.. and still had problems for another week or so, it was 50-50 using the legacy output. Then, after a couple of updates, the floppy drive was writing files my machine could read again. I can use the regular export machine file, (I use dst) to a floppy formatted by Windows. Works all the time now. Evidently there is other types of software and equipment that use .dst .

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds