Unwanted stitches in motif run

More
3 weeks 10 hours ago #2595 by yogisaw
Hi

I have switched from wilcom 2006 to wilcom e4.2. I have imported motif that I made and used in wilcom 2006 to e4 and been using it well.

I have used one of the motif in a design a month back and it was well as expected. b
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
ut now today when I am using the same motif again it shows some additional & unwanted stitches from within each motif.

I am not sure but may be the problem is arising after the latest update e4.2J.

I have attached a zip file containing video of the same. also have attached .emb file for reference ( though it cannot provide help)

This message has attachments files.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
how to edit motif?5.55Tuesday, 20 August 2019
Start and End on Run stitches3.87Monday, 03 September 2018
Small Stitches3.87Tuesday, 27 November 2018
Stitches not showing up3.87Tuesday, 20 August 2019
How do I avoid gap in stitches at tie-off of satin column?3.79Friday, 09 August 2019
Need help interpreting the Stitch List to identify Tie-Off stitches3.75Monday, 05 November 2018
More
2 weeks 6 days ago #2601 by Karla
Hi Yogisaw,

Thank you for the report.

Can we also request for the ESA file you are basing the motif from.

Thanks,
Karla

More
2 weeks 6 days ago - 2 weeks 6 days ago #2602 by yogisaw

Attached zip file containing esa.

edit : I did not want to share all motifs so I backup the esa file and from wilcom deleted all other motifs. after sharing the esa file with you I put the backup ed esa file back. but now it does not show other motifs. Even after renaming the original file and copying to userletw does not help.

I am in big trouble.

Can you help me in that ? I need all my motif back.

This message has an attachment file.

Last edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by yogisaw.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #2603 by yogisaw
I think there is some serious problem of motif in e4.2 j

After losing all motifs I decided to go ahead and create new motif. I made motif lines but the appearance is completely different.

I have attached zip file containing emb & esa. Please check and confirm.
Attachments:

More
2 weeks 3 days ago - 2 weeks 3 days ago #2605 by Karla
Hi Yogisaw,

How did Wilcom manage to delete all the motifs? We only want you to send us a copy and not remove the ESA file. We require the ESA for us to see the properties of the EMB file.

Can you try to place back the ESA file in the USERLETW folder "C:\Program Files\Wilcom\EmbroideryStudio_e4.2\USERLETW" . Download back your motif patterns that you uploaded here (new.ESA), the patterns should still be there.

As for the unwanted stitches, change the connectors settings > Inside Object > Select Tie In and tick the Off box. Let me know how things go. Kindly see the attachment for the same setting in ES 2006.

Shout out to Pras for testing the file in ES 2006.

Thanks,
Karla
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by Karla.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago - 2 weeks 2 days ago #2609 by yogisaw
Hi Karla,

“How did Wilcom manage to delete all the motifs? We only want you to send us a copy and not remove the ESA file. We require the ESA for us to see the properties of the EMB file.”

I didnot remove esa file. I copied original esa to desktop and then from within wilcom I removed all patterns except zz-5 repeat (the one which you required) and then sent it to you.

Later I deleted esa from userletw and copied back the desktop saved (original) version to userletw folder assuming that it will show me all patterns. But wilcom showed only zz-5 repeat pattern.

“Can you try to place back the ESA file in the USERLETW folder "C:\Program Files\Wilcom\EmbroideryStudio_e4.2\USERLETW" . Download back your motif patterns that you uploaded here (new.ESA), the patterns should still be there.”

I did place new.esa to userletw but still it is showing only 1 pattern. How did you get all patterns in it?

“As for the unwanted stitches, change the connectors settings > Inside Object > Select Tie In and tick the Off box. Let me know how things go. Kindly see the attachment for the same setting in ES 2006.”

I tried the above but it didnot work.

Also have you tried the emb & esa attached in messege # 2603 ( attachment zz_2019-08-30.zip )?
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by yogisaw.

More
1 week 1 day ago #2634 by yogisaw
Any updates on this please?

More
1 week 14 hours ago - 1 week 14 hours ago #2638 by yogisaw
I have deleted each and every file from userletw. But still the motif new is there. How can this be possible? is there any other place where user made motifs are stored?

UPDATE :- I found a copy of it in WLETTER folder, Deleted it and copied new.esa to userletw. Finally I got my motifs back.

will check and update if the error from original post has been solved or not.
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 week 14 hours ago by yogisaw.

More
1 day 13 hours ago - 1 day 13 hours ago #2660 by yogisaw
Has anybody tried to remove these unwanted stitch points from the pattern ? I created another pattern based on the same one, but still there are those stitch points.

I digitized the jump stitch too ( the connector between two triangles ) and created a pattern which worked well. but this is not a normal behavior.
Last edit: 1 day 13 hours ago by yogisaw.

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds