Can I save specific Object properties (for font) with a Template?

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #2679 by Pascale R.
I created a custom closest join ESA font, but the columns are too wide when my Normal template adds pull comp (it's my custom Normal template, not Wilcom's Normal template).

I would like, when using this particular font, to have no pull comp, but have a 0.5 offset for edge underlay & 0.5 offset for zigzag underlay, and inside connectors set to 1mm trim.

I tried creating a new template with the above settings, but it's not remembering it. Here are the steps I used to create the template:
I open new page, select lettering icon, select the font, change settings in Object properties, then go to File > Save as Template.
What am I doing wrong?

Alternatively, I can create a STYLE.
But, rather than have to plug in all the settings from scratch (setup menu > manage styles > create ....etc), is it possible to select an object (with all the settings I want), and save those settings as a STYLE? Under the object menu, there's apply styles, create motif, etc, but no 'create style'. Just wondering if that would be possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
Template problem in e4.2F4.73Friday, 22 March 2019
Position of Save Bitmap button4.06Sunday, 19 August 2018
Lost all your work when save a old version4.06Thursday, 01 November 2018
Wilcom slow to open and save4.06Wednesday, 15 May 2019
Is there a way to save custom Tatami patterns in a library?4.01Monday, 29 April 2019
Font ESA to TTF2.94Friday, 21 September 2018
Font Issue2.9Friday, 09 August 2019
Font Creator - e4,2J2.9Monday, 16 September 2019
fONT lIST2.9Wednesday, 05 June 2019
seeing font choices2.9Saturday, 25 May 2019
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #2683 by vitordigitizing
Create a new template, change the satin and underlay you need. When you click save, wilcom ask you for that kind of object you want save it.
Chose lettering

Always Learning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Petar

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #2685 by Pascale R.

vitordigitizing wrote: Create a new template, change the satin and underlay you need. When you click save, wilcom ask you for that kind of object you want save it.
Chose lettering

Thank you Vitor! You solved my problem! I was changing the settings & saving the new template, but I wasn't hitting the SAVE button in the object properties!

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds