e4.2J - ovelapping rows in Complex fills

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #2687 by Barbara
To All - I apologize this issue is NO issue, at least, it works everything as expected on my PC - in my test files I simply forgot to move the exit point of the object to somewhere, so that the fill has to be stitched back and forth.

Therefore I remove the attached ZIP file.

Please ignore my text following this sentence - it is only true when the fill direction/stitch out of the fill runs just from one side to the opposit side and it is correct because there is no place where a row could be inserted.

I guess I had a senior moment this afternoon. :(

Following puzzles me for a long time - I do not remember, whether I ever asked this since V8

I remember that when an complex object with Tatami fill stitches out with a gap I added some overlapping rows in the specials tab in the properties. I also remember, that the stitich count never changed - neither for the object itself nor the total stitch count of the design. It would be logic to have a higher stitch count though. I also remember that the gap closed in my test stitch outs comparing to the first stitch out - of course, the number of added row dependes on the all over situation,

Today a customer complained that since the last update the gap does not close although they added 6 rows (square 8x8cm) - as to my experience that should do the job.

I did my own tests in e4.2J as well in e3 - I created a sqaure with complex fill Tatami and exported three different stitch files with one 0 row added, the next 2 rows added and 6 rows added to ZSK and from e4.2 also to FDR3 format. I imported all the stitch based files without recalculation again and all triplets had the same stitch count - in fact, that does not make sense.

Regards,
Barbara

I add the e3 and e4 original emb.file (in which I changed the no. of overlapping rows before exporting to stitch files) as well as all my stitch files for easy reference.
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Barbara.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.