Capture Virtual Decoration Bitmap is Broken

More
1 week 4 days ago #2719 by folivio
Capture Virtual Decoration Bitmap is broken. We used it extensively to export images for our website, but about a year ago (Oct 2018) the rendering of the images changed.

1. Since Oct 2018 Wilcom e4 no longer renders the Corner Light Source correctly. The Top Light Source looks good, but... (read number 2)

2. Since Oct 2018 Wilcom e4 no longer uses the current Light Source setting when exporting via Capture Virtual Decoration Bitmap is used. That means all images exported default to the Corner Light Source which is badly broken. This results in images that look horrible.

See attached image for a comparison.

I have been asking Wilcom to fix this since Oct 2018. I don't know what broke, but we are not able to use Wilcom to export images for our website.

Frank Olivio
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
Position of Save Bitmap button4.26Sunday, 19 August 2018
Bitmap Fill in a vector object (wilcom workspace) is not always visible4.13Saturday, 28 September 2019
More
1 week 1 day ago #2725 by Petar
Hi,

Are you able to attach an EMB file?

Regards,
Petar

More
1 week 15 hours ago #2728 by folivio

Petar wrote: Hi,

Are you able to attach an EMB file?

Regards,
Petar

Sure, I've attached an EMB, but the problem is on every EMB not just certain ones.

Frank

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
1 week 3 hours ago #2732 by Petar
An issue has already been raised with the development department in CAD-13213.

More
1 week 3 hours ago #2733 by folivio

Petar wrote: An issue has already been raised with the development department in CAD-13213.

Thanks Petar. I reported the issue nearly a year ago. James and Clarke have been very attentive and have confirmed that the issue is real. Unfortunately, the Wilcom development team have not communicated to myself or them the status of the issue.

The company I work for has 8 licensed copies of Wilcom e4.2. We upgrade faithfully. I started with the company 12 years ago as the Senior Graphic Designer and Web Developer. Needless to say, I was ecstatic when Wilcom added Capture Virtual Decoration Bitmap, but it didn't last long. It broke sometime in Oct 2018 and there has been no action to correct it.

I started this thread to see if others would add their voice in hopes of getting some movement to rectify this issue.

Thanks for your help...

Frank

More
6 days 15 hours ago #2734 by yogisaw
I could not find this feature in file menu. Can you please describe how to get it please ?

Time to create page: 0.571 seconds