Template

More
1 week 5 days ago #2832 by Irene N.A.
Template was created by Irene N.A.
After design was created in a template, when later opening it does the design gets opened in the template or not? Meaning does the template get opened automatically with the design created in it? I heard the opinion that to be in the template one has to first open the template and only then open the file that was created in that template?
Some say that if the design gets opened by just clicking on it ( without activating the template) some favorite styles stop working or work not as they are supposed to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
Template problem in e4.2F4.56Friday, 22 March 2019
Can I save specific Object properties (for font) with a Template?4.37Tuesday, 24 September 2019
More
1 week 4 days ago #2833 by antony
Replied by antony on topic Template

Irene N.A. wrote: After design was created in a template, when later opening it does the design gets opened in the template or not? Meaning does the template get opened automatically with the design created in it?

My understanding: the settings of the template (at the time of creating) in design file will be saved in the design file.
For example, if you have a template say My Brilliant Template, and you create a design based on My Brilliant Template, save the design.
Later, you modify the My Brilliant Template (e.g. change some settings).
You then re-open the design, the saved design should have what was on My Brilliant Template, not the updated settings.

Irene N.A. wrote: I heard the opinion that to be in the template one has to first open the template and only then open the file that was created in that template?

Nah.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds