How do I save a new baseline for ALL letters of a purchased esa font?

More
2 days 7 hours ago #2851 by Pascale R.
I have purchased a 3rd party esa font. The baseline for all the letters aren't as I would like. How do I go about saving each letter on a new baseline for future use?

I've typed out a thru z and have moved each letter up/down as I like, but I'm not sure what to do from there:
- The create user refined letter isn't available, and
- Since each letter is an alphabet object, I can't use the create letter tool.

Should I select each letter object, break apart and use 'create letter' tool? Is there another simpler way?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 day 17 hours ago #2852 by antony

Pascale R. wrote: I've typed out a thru z and have moved each letter up/down as I like, but I'm not sure what to do from there:
- The create user refined letter isn't available, and
- Since each letter is an alphabet object, I can't use the create letter tool.

Should I select each letter object, break apart and use 'create letter' tool? Is there another simpler way?

Pretty much like what you said, I would break apart all of them, and re-create the letters into new esa font with carefully positioned baseline.

More
1 day 9 hours ago #2853 by Pascale R.
Thanks Antony - I like your idea of creating a new esa font --- I thought I'd override the old letters, but creating an entirely new font will save one step and be faster :)

More
1 day 2 hours ago #2857 by antony
Yes, do them in one go (when you have time). You can use guidelines to help you aligning the baselines.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascale R.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds