Trims in PES files

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #2912 by Michaela
Trims in PES files was created by Michaela
Hello,
could somebody please tell me why brother multi-needle machines will not trim between letters in a word when stitching PES files? I have e4.2 set to always trim within objects, machine format is brother/babylock, create trim commands is enabled. If I use DST format, the trims are where I want them to be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
Tusj ESA font does not have Trims, tie-offs or tie-ins4.7Saturday, 03 November 2018
Wilcom to the rescue - I redigitized DST design to reduce # trims4.6Wednesday, 15 January 2020
Extra BMP, INF files when exporting EXP files.4.52Tuesday, 07 May 2019
Resizing .dst files3.33Tuesday, 19 February 2019
New to embroidery what files ?3.33Thursday, 09 May 2019
DO NOT VIEW DST FILES3.33Wednesday, 17 April 2019
Why don't I see the EMB icons in my files?3.33Wednesday, 17 April 2019
Converting files3.33Sunday, 17 November 2019
Importing EMB files e4 problem3.29Thursday, 04 October 2018
Viewing and editing DST files3.29Monday, 04 February 2019
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #2919 by Marnelli
Replied by Marnelli on topic Trims in PES files
Hi Michaela,

What version of .PES file did you use during the export?
Have you tried exporting to .PES file using the lower version like V6.0?
During the Export process, there's an option button you can click to change the .PES version of the design file.
Also, with the machine format settings > Standard >

In the Trim panel, select the Output Trims checkbox to include trim functions when outputting to the selected machine.

If you deselect the checkbox, trim functions are not removed from the design but simply ignored during output.

What is the make and model of the embroidery machine you wish to stitch this .PES file?
Do you have the original .EMB and .PES design that you can send back for us to check please?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michaela

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #2922 by Michaela
Replied by Michaela on topic Trims in PES files
Hi Marnelli,
thanks for your reply. I had tried PES versions 6.0 and 10.0, output trims in machine format settings enabled and disabled prior to my post, machine is a brother PR1050X. Saved the file multiple times, nothing worked. Finally recreated the file and *tada* it worked. Thanks again.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds